Think of this as a giant, chewy, chocolate chip cookie, with a surprising protein base.
BEHOLD! The most addicting dessert your lips will ever touch, EVER! This cookie pie is everything we all want in a dessert, and it ticks off even more boxes simply because it's healthy. The cookie pie is moist, crumbly, chocolatey, and chewy all at the same time.
Make this delectable treat, have some friends, family, and kids over and serve it up to them. Heck, even let them have double servings. My favourite trick is to ask them what they think the main ingredient is. Honestly NO ONE will guess that it's packed full of beans, garbanzo beans!
How could it be? This seems like sorcery! Nope, it's just another one of those crazy vegan desserts!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
2 cans of chickpeas, about 4 cups cooked
1 cup of water
10-12 pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 10 min)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup of oat flour (or whole wheat)
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp tahini
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup of chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350° F
• Drain the canned chickpeas, and add c and water in food processor and blend until smooth
• Toss in dates, tahini, and coconut sugar until well-mixed
• Transfer mixture into large bowl
• Mix in remaining ingredients with the exception of chocolate chips until well-mixed
• Fold in chocolate chips
• Spread mixture onto bottom of large springform pan
• Place in oven for 40 minutes
• Remove from heat and let cool