This Mushrooms gravy comes together in no time and has the same great texture that you look for in a gravy. It's thick and salty and is actually healthy! This oil-free, vegetable broth-based gravy is better than bouillon and is perfect for mashed potatoes or Yorkshire Puddings.
No feast would be complete without this delicious gravy recipe. Pour it over all those roasted veggies I'll teach you how to make, and dump it on those fluffy mashed potatoes and magical Yorkshire puddings.
As always, if you do decide to make this bomb recipe, please let us know what you think, and share this recipe with all your family so that they can all lower their cholesterol levels a bit while indulging in the veg-life - it's a miracle!
Over the years, I have tweaked this recipe in order for it to be absolutely perfect. I think that I've finally nailed it. I'm happy to share with you the glorious recipe for this completely vegan gravy, which you can enjoy guilt-free.
There is no oil and no processed fat in this recipe either. Just lovely plants that come together in no-time and thicken up to bring you the tastiest gravy you'll have all year!
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
• 1/2 tbsp poultry seasoning
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1 tbsp ground flax
• 1-2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1) In a medium-sized pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
2) Add in the onions and mushrooms, soy sauce and seasonings and simmer for 15 minutes.
3) Toss in the ground flax and flour and whisk vigorously, so that they don't clump. Continue stirring for 5 minutes, the gravy will begin to thicken.
4) Taste to adjust flavour and add more flour for a thicker gravy. 5) Pour into a serving dish and serve immediately.