Everything you could ever want if you love mediterranean cuisine. This bowl is the definition of fresh. It's going to give you tons of energy and keep your belly full for hours.
Yes, finally! Summer is here and so are my cravings for an abundance of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers! There is no better way to enjoy these than smashing them together with lots of other goodies.
This mediterranean-inspired bowl brings together a wide variety of fresh flavours and crisp textures. You’ll want it to be one of your go-to meals this summer! It packs well for lunches and tastes great hot or cold. The best part is it’s easy to make in batches for busy weeks.
We've played around with the toppings as well as the base countless times! Try swapping out the rice noodles for quinoa, couscous, or a big bed of fresh greens.
It might look like there is a lot of steps to make this baby, but trust me, it'll come together in no time and once you taste it you know it'll be worth it.
This recipe serves 4 but can very easily be adapted. Prep time 30-35 minutes.
1 can chickpeas (about 2 cups cooked)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
8 cups spring greens
1 large cucumber, matchstick sliced
2 large tomatoes, diced
¼ c onion, diced
1 fresh lemon
Kamalata olives (or sub-in green olives)
1 package rice noodles, cooked (or any other grain such as, rice or quinoa)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup tahini
Juice from ½ lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic
¼ cup of water
¼ tsp paprika
• Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse and dry chickpeas, place on a baking sheet, sprinkle spices on top and then place in the oven. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
• While chickpeas are roasting, chop up fresh vegetables for topping.
• Place the cooked noodles into a bowl and add the vinegar, spices and soy sauce. Mix well. You can serve this portion of the meal hot, or cold depending on preference.
• To make the dressing, throw all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and thick. Add more water until desired consistency has been reached.
• To put together the meal, simply place 2 cups of spring greens on bottom of each bowl, add 1 cup of prepared noodles or quinoa on top of this. Divide the chickpeas and remaining toppings, arrange on top.